Hello lovelies. How are you? Today’s blog post is all about my answers for the 2018 bookish survey. This is an annual survey that perpetual page turner posts every year. Please leave me your answers for these questions. Hope you have a great day.
Number Of Books You Read: 144
Number of Re-Reads: 2
Genre You Read The Most From: Contemporary
Best In Books
1. Best Book You Read In 2018?
American Marriage and The Next Five People You Meet in Heaven
2. Book You Were Excited About & Thought You Were Going To Love More But Didn’t?
The book that I was excited about and thought I was going to love but didn’t was They Come in All Colours by Malcom Hansen. This book was just not for me.
3. Most surprising (in a good way or bad way) book you read?
The most surprising book I read this year would have to be The Last Mrs. Parrish by Liv Constantine
4. Book You “Pushed” The Most People To Read (And They Did)?
The book that I “pushed” the most people to read (and they did) is American Marriage by Tayari Jones.
5. Best series you started in 2018? Best Sequel of 2018? Best Series Ender of 2018?
The best series that I started in 2018 is Scythe by Neil Shusterman. The best sequel of 2018 is Waking Gods by Sylvain Neuvel and the best series ender is The Next Five People You Meet in Heaven.
6. Favorite new author you discovered in 2018?
My favourite new author that I discovered in 2018 is Joanna Goodman.
7. Best book from a genre you don’t typically read/was out of your comfort zone?
The genre that I don’t typically read, but I have fallen in love with this year is thrillers/mysteries and the best book in that genre is The Neighbors by Hannah Mary McKinnon.
8. Most action-packed/thrilling/unputdownable book of the year?
The best action-packed/thrilling/unputdownable book the year is Waking Gods by Sylvain Neuvel.
9. Book You Read In 2018 That You Would Be MOST Likely To Re-Read Next Year?
The book that I read in 2018 that I would be most likely to reread in the next year is Anne of Green Gables. It is such a loveable story.
10. Favorite cover of a book you read in 2018?
My favourite cover of the year is A Spark of Light.
11. Most memorable character of 2018?
One of the most memorable characters of 2018 is Ruth Jefferson.
12. Most beautifully written book read in 2018?
The most beautifully written book read in 2018 is I am I am I am by Maggie O’Farrell. She has got a way with words.
13. Most Thought-Provoking/ Life-Changing Book of 2018?
The most thought provoking book of 2018 is The Human by Matt Haig.
14. Book you can’t believe you waited UNTIL 2018 to finally read?
The book that I can’t believe I waited until 2018 to read is The Outsiders by S.E. Hinton.
15. Favorite Passage/Quote From A Book You Read In 2018?
“…I’m so thankful for friendship. It beautifies life so much.”
― L.M. Montgomery, Anne of Avonlea.
“we live for the quiet, intimate moments that mark not our calendars but our hearts:”
― Robert Dugoni, The Extraordinary Life of Sam Hell
“Plenty of humans were monstrous, and plenty of monsters knew how to play at being human.”
― Victoria Schwab, Vicious
16. Shortest & Longest Book You Read In 2018?
The shorest book that I had in 2018 is Binti at 96 pages. The longest book that I read in 2018 is Nevermoor: The Trials of Morrigan Crow at 640 pages.
17. Book That Shocked You The Most
The book that shocked me the most is the Neighbours by Hannah Mary McKinnon. I am still blown away by the ending.
18. OTP OF THE YEAR (you will go down with this ship!)
(OTP = one true pairing if you aren’t familiar)
My OTP of the year is Callie and Kayden. Their relationship is just so pure.
19. Favorite Non-Romantic Relationship Of The Year
My favourite nonromantic relationship of the year is Anne and Marilla. I love their mother and daughter relationship.
20. Favorite Book You Read in 2018 From An Author You’ve Read Previously
My favourite book that I read in 2018 from an author I’ve read previously is The Next Five People You Meet in Heaven.
21. Best Book You Read In 2018 That You Read Based SOLELY On A Recommendation From Somebody Else/Peer Pressure/Bookstagram, Etc.:
The best book that I read in 2018 that I read based only on a recommendation from somebody else is the Boston Girl. I was recommended this from April from Getting Hygge With It.
22. Newest fictional crush from a book you read in 2018?
I don’t have a new fictional crush this year.
23. Best 2018 debut you read?
The best 2018 debut that I read this year is The Kiss Quotient.
24. Best Worldbuilding/Most Vivid Setting You Read This Year?
The book that has the most vivid setting was Anne of Green Gables. I felt like I was in Prince Edward Island with Anne throughout the whole novel.
25. Book That Put A Smile On Your Face/Was The Most FUN To Read?
The book that put a smile on my face was Matilda. It is just such a fun story.
26. Book That Made You Cry Or Nearly Cry in 2018?
The book that made me cry in 2018 was the Serpent King by Jeff Zentner.
27. Hidden Gem Of The Year?
The hidden gem of the year is The Home For Unwanted Girls. I don’t hear a lot of people talk about this book and it is a story that needs to be shared.
28. Book That Crushed Your Soul?
The book that crushed my soul was The Next Five People You Meet in Heaven by Mitch Albom. This book stomped on my soul so often.
29. Most Unique Book You Read In 2018?
The most unique books that I read in 2018 would have to be the Themis Files Trilogy. These book are all told mostly in interview format.
30. Book That Made You The Most Mad (doesn’t necessarily mean you didn’t like it)?
The books that mad me the most mad was The Wife and Behind Closed Doors. They both made me mad because they both tackle cheating husbands and in both books the main woman character gets only mad at the other woman. They never get mad at the male.
Your Blogging and Bookish Life
1. New favorite book blog/Bookstagram/Youtube channel you discovered in 2018?
My favourite BookTube channels that I discovered in 2018 is Getting Hygge With It and Books and Smiles. They are both lovely ladies. Highly recommend both.
2. Favorite post you wrote in 2018?
My favourite post that I wrote this year is all of the posts I made for Bookmas. I have always wanted to participate in Bookmas and this is the first year that I did.
3. Favorite bookish related photo you took in 2018:?
I don’t have a favourite.
4. Best bookish event that you participated in (author signings, festivals, virtual events, etc.)?
I didn’t participate in any.
5. Best moment of bookish/blogging life in 2018?
The best moment of my bookish/blogging life in 2018 would have to be starting my bookish blog. I have always wanted a bookish blog and I decided that this year would be the year and I am so happy that I did.
6. Most challenging thing about blogging or your reading life this year?
The most challenging thing about reading life I found this year was finding time to read. I started my first full time job this year and it was challenging juggling it all.
7. Most Popular Post This Year On Your Blog (whether it be by comments or views)?
My most popular post this year on my blog was my September Book Haul.
8. Post You Wished Got A Little More Love?
The posts that I wished got a little more love are my Bookmas posts.
9. Best bookish discover (book related sites, book stores, etc.)?
The best bookish discovery of the year is NerdyPost. I got my first NerdyPost subscription box this year and I quickly fell in love with the subscription.
10. Did you complete any reading challenges or goals that you had set for yourself at the beginning of this year?
I did complete a reading challenge this year. I wanted to read at least 100 books and I have read 144 books.
1. One Book You Didn’t Get To In 2018 But Will Be Your Number 1 Priority in 2019?
The one book that I didn’t get to in 2018 but will be my number one priority in 2019 is Leviathon Wakes by James S.A. Corey.
2. Book You Are Most Anticipating For 2019 (non-debut)?
One of my most anticipated books of 2019 is Her Secret Son and Daisy Jones and the Six.
3. 2019 Debut You Are Most Anticipating?
2019 debut that I am most anticipating is When All is Said by Anne Griffin.
4. Series Ending/A Sequel You Are Most Anticipating in 2019?
A sequel that I am most anticipating in 2019 is The Bride Test.
5. One Thing You Hope To Accomplish Or Do In Your Reading/Blogging Life In 2019?
One thing that I hope to accomplish in 2019 is to complete my goal GoodReads challenge of reading 100 books.
6. A 2019 Release You’ve Already Read & Recommend To Everyone (if applicable):
This question is non applicable.