Hello lovelies! Today’s blog post is all about my thoughts about the book Love and Other Words by Christina Lauren. I really enjoyed this book. Please comment down below if you have read this book. Hope you have a great day.
Average Rating- 4.3 / 5
Genre – Contemporary Romance
Format – Audiobook
Narrator– Erin Mallon
Length – 8 hrs and 21 mins
The story of the heart can never be unwritten.
Macy Sorensen is settling into an ambitious if emotionally tepid routine: work hard as a new pediatrics resident, plan her wedding to an older, financially secure man, keep her head down and heart tucked away.
But when she runs into Elliot Petropoulos—the first and only love of her life—the careful bubble she’s constructed begins to dissolve. Once upon a time, Elliot was Macy’s entire world—growing from her gangly bookish friend into the man who coaxed her heart open again after the loss of her mother…only to break it on the very night he declared his love for her.
Told in alternating timelines between Then and Now, teenage Elliot and Macy grow from friends to much more—spending weekends and lazy summers together in a house outside of San Francisco devouring books, sharing favorite words, and talking through their growing pains and triumphs. As adults, they have become strangers to one another until their chance reunion. Although their memories are obscured by the agony of what happened that night so many years ago, Elliot will come to understand the truth behind Macy’s decade-long silence, and will have to overcome the past and himself to revive her faith in the possibility of an all-consuming love
- I really enjoyed this book.
- It was beautiful and heartbreaking.
- Loved the father and daughter dynamic. Their relationship was funny and sweet.
- Loved the romantic relationship in this book.
- They bonded over reading which I fell in love with.
- It wasn’t insta love which I really appreciated. They fell in love over a couple of years which was realistic.
- I also appreciated how the main girl character Macy broke things off with her current boyfriend Brayden before she got together with Elliott because I feel like in other books the main character would have cheated on the current boyfriend.
- Throughout the novel Macy and Elliot had a lot of sexual tension and it was really satisfying as a reader when they finally got together.
- Enjoyed the family dynamic of this book.
- Did not like the reason that Macy and Elliot broke up. I felt like it was really out of character for Elliott to do what ultimately tore them a part.
Plot – 4 stars
Characters – 5 stars
Writing – 4 stars
Pacing – 4 stars
Narrator – 5 stars
Enjoyment – 5 stars
Overall – 4 stars
I would highly recommend this book.
“I never got to fall out of love. I just had to move on.”
– Christina Lauren, Love and Other Words